Friday, September 26, 2014

REPURPOSED! Denim Shirt Tote - SAMBAG by JULES


REPURPOSING is a term referring to finding other possible uses for an article other than of its intended use or purpose.


After handling different bags in my searches. Sometimes I cannot help but think of coming up with a bag design of my own. Seeing an over-sized denim shirt in the racks, I decided to take my scissors and cut it up then working it on a portable sewing machine sitting in the shop. I have been working on several other projects but this is one of the firsts that I decided to complete with some leather details. Here are some photos of how it ended up.












By the way, I am thinking of working on with a pending name to use in these DIY bags, SAMBAG by JULES. So etymology of the SAMBAG: this is a term for bags from the KANKANAEY dialect, one of the language groups of the IGOROTS of the Cordilleras.

No comments:

Post a Comment